Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After spending a full morning filling out their claim form,the inspector came out a month later. Our claim was approved about a month after that.
But they would only replace the Trex and pay 18 cents per linear foot ($114) - the minimum required by the court. The estimated labor cost was $2400 with a third of that cost being the disposal of the old Trex (it's not recyclable).
I did not sign off on the claim. Instead I emailed including a copy of the estimate and offered them the option of having their own contractor if it would cost them less. They adamantly refused to do anything more via a phone call despite my request to have all communication in writing.
I finally asked them to give me the value of the Trex instead of the material because I didn't want to spend that kind of money on another Trex deck. They have not responded to the last request (2 weeks so far)and I have received nothing. This process began in late March 2011. It's now late July.
To say I'm disgusted and will never buy Trex again is an understatement. I don't know what to do next.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Trex Decking
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Variety of problems but main one is that they were missing parts and refuse to supply.. Notified them on day of delivery that vent missing, took months to finally get..."
- "Nancy seems to have a conspiracy theory about every negative post. I ordered pool paint and was told SS could match any Sherwin Williams color. Great! Paint arrived, not the..."
- "Maximus Metal Roofing in Trussville, AL (Birmingham), owned by Robert E. Brewster, Jr. put (or almost completed) putting a metal roof on my home. Mr. Brewster was very anxious..."
- "Horrible customer service! I've had to contact them several times withing the first year of service because our cable kept dropping. After the first year was up, I didn't want..."
- "I went to a CVS yesterday 06Aug15 to buy some makeup because I forgot my makeup at work and I was traveling. I purchased the attached items and only used..."
- "i bought a set of 10 pieces lipsticks specific colors and the seller sent me different items(individual) and different colors. i ask for a refund because i lost money and..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."