Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After spending a full morning filling out their claim form,the inspector came out a month later. Our claim was approved about a month after that.
But they would only replace the Trex and pay 18 cents per linear foot ($114) - the minimum required by the court. The estimated labor cost was $2400 with a third of that cost being the disposal of the old Trex (it's not recyclable).
I did not sign off on the claim. Instead I emailed including a copy of the estimate and offered them the option of having their own contractor if it would cost them less. They adamantly refused to do anything more via a phone call despite my request to have all communication in writing.
I finally asked them to give me the value of the Trex instead of the material because I didn't want to spend that kind of money on another Trex deck. They have not responded to the last request (2 weeks so far)and I have received nothing. This process began in late March 2011. It's now late July.
To say I'm disgusted and will never buy Trex again is an understatement. I don't know what to do next.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Trex Decking
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I are not a Competitor but a Creditor, Our company is a small family owned earthmoving business, during our dealings with Andrew Kenneth Bennett and Michael Gavin Bennett from PMB..."
- "i'm building vail model it is an A frame home.it is in the woods on 5 acres.with trees everywhere. we are not permited to clear all of the land. when they..."
- "Servpro in Durango, Colorado;;a franchise owned by a very vocal, obnoxious, and greedy man. This company serves as a bad example for Servpro, by knowingly allowing its subcontractors to perform..."
- "With so many homeowners losing their homes to foreclosure policy makers and wall street bankers all point fingers at homeowners for causing the problem by purchasing homes they could not..."
- "MOR Furniture is about the same or worse than IKEA furniture, matter of fact I think IKEA's stuff is better!!! I purchased a queen size mattress, box spring, sleigh..."
- "Molina withdrew $1066.02 from my checking account without my approval. This has caused a tremendous hardship to my payment obligations. My rent was due on Jan 1, 2015,..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."